Monday, December 4, 2017

Peer Pressure at it's Finest


Entry #9

I never have been an analizer of media, i don’t pay attention to negative media or forms of media that doesn't interest me. I don’t perceive media in a strong way, a way that can be described. I either like or don’t like it, if it’s media i do like than it simply meets my interest, if it doesn't than i don’t pay attention to it. I think those than over analize are trying too hard to understand why they don’t like something, like their needs to be a greater reason for them not liking it. This is because of the way that society seems to be heading, a non different community, where it’s better to fit in than be different. Peer pressure to like everything that others like to avoid being different. The vast amount of  different types of media influence this type of society, media has become the biggest influence on the way in which society acts and thinks. For example, when I was in elementary school I hated rap music, however because I wanted people to like me and not appear different I listened to rap music even though I knew I didn't like it. Music is a form of media, and they way in which it influence those around me conditioned them that rap music was the new leader in music and those who didn’t listen to rap we’re different, not cool, pressuring me to listen to music he didn’t like to avoid being outcasted, the media had won. Media is the largest influencer in society and it’s for the worst, not the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death of a blog

When I started this blog, I thought that it was an interesting way to get my ideas out onto the internet. My personal thoughts expressed on...